The cup has a perfect balance of flavor, producing a honeysuckle sweetness almost peach-like taste with a wonderful floral aroma. Only two leaves and a bud are picked and processed in the traditional Formosa style. This tea is referred to as a "Champagne" silver tip oolong.
Also known as Oriental Beauty, White Tip Oolong, and Bao Hao Oolong. This tea is typically 45% to 60% fermented (oxidized) and grown under 1000 Ft at the Northern end of the Island of Taiwan. Formosa is the old Portuguese Colonial name given to the island in the 1500's. Literally translated means shapely, beautiful.
How to Prepare- Based on 8 oz Cup
- Measure out 1.5 tsp of Oriental Beauty- Fancy Formosa Oolong tea.
- Boil water until temp reaches 190-195°.
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove steeped tea leaves.
- Enjoy your fresh cup of tea!
- This tea will yield between 4-5 steeps.